Why Choose Us
Why Total Financial Planning
- Focus on Retirement, College Planning and Federal Employees
- My firm's focus is helping clients with their retirement and college planning needs. In addition, I am also well versed in the needs of federal employees and their retirement system (FERS). I have personal first-hand experience with the complexities of the federal retirement system. I have the knowledge, experience and tools to assist in preparing financial plans for my clients.
- Knowledge and Cerficiations
- I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional, the standard of excellence in financial planning. CFP® professionals meet rigorous education, training and ethical standards, and are committed to serving their clients' best interests today to prepare them for a more secure tomorrow.
- I am also a Chartered Retirement Planning CounselorSM, This is a designation for financial professionals, who are focused on retirement planning for individuals and define a “road map to retirement.” I focus on clients’ pre- and post-retirement needs, as well as issues related to asset management and estate planning.
- A passion for financial advice
- I don’t consider my service to you a job. It is a passion of mine. I enjoy putting together financial plans and then executing them with my clients. I receive great joy in seeing my clients’ goals come to fruition.
- Personalized service
- As a client of the firm, you will be personally dealing with me. You will not be dealing with a different advisor, agent or representative when you call. I take the responsibility of looking over your finances very seriously. I will oversee your investments as I would for a family member.
- Low minimum for investment management
- I have no set investment minimums for managing your money. Other firms require at least $250,000 to actively manage your portfolio.
- As an Investment Advisor Representative, I am required to act in your best interests at all times. I am also required to identify and disclose any conflicts of interest and compensation with you. I operate with full transparency.
- We don’t “sell” you anything
- I don’t sell insurance, annuities or any other financial product. I don’t receive any compensation from any outside entities. I manage your investments and personally put together financial plans for you. That is all. If you require insurance or annuity products I can provide you unbiased advice to determine the best product for your needs.
- Independent advice
- As an independent investment adviser, I am not beholden to a parent company deciding which equities or investment products to recommend. I am free to choose the best investments for my clients.
- Uncompromised integrity
- I do not need a code of ethics to remind me to distinguish between right and wrong. My promise to you is I will put the client first. I will not compromise my integrity by providing recommendations unfit for my clients because of outside compensation by third parties.
- Transparency in fees
- I charge a simple fee for preparing a financial plan for you, or a fee as a percentage of the assets I manage, or an hourly fee. That’s it.
Constant monitoring of your investments
- I have a passion for what I do. You investments won’t be reviewed every six months to determine if their performance is adequate. I will frequently assess performance and make changes as they are feasible. Please note that performance of an investment is never guaranteed.